What is Multiple Myeloma (MM)?

What is Multiple Myeloma (MM)?
Use this link to discover more about this type of cancer.
www.healthscout.com/ency/68/621/main.html

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Positive Progress

Post by Tim:

I had the opportunity to get away for a few hours and head up to Dallas to visit Dad yesterday.  I couldn't have enjoyed the visit more, and it was somewhat of a relief for me since I can't get up there as much as I'd like to.

He received the transplant on Monday morning and Tuesday morning, and the chemo from the weekend has had a chance to catch up to him and start taking effect.  Even though he's seeing the expected side effects - nausea, unable to eat, low blood counts, etc - I was pleasantly surprised at his alertness and condition.  He was actually able to chat for a while and eat a little bit while I was there, and had a real positive attitude about everything.  Based on what I've heard and read (and even based on talking to him the previous day), I really didn't expect to be able to get much out of him... especially considering what he's been through and the amount of medication he's on (probably has enough stock to start up a small pharmacy).  I know we're not done yet and maybe haven't even hit the lowest blood counts yet - but I'd definitely say he's doing as well as could be expected. 

Hoping that things continue to progress the way they are and should.  If all goes well, hopefully he'll get to see his grandson right after he's born via the technology they call the "skype", or however you spell it - and then meet him sooner than later. 

Aside from that, his schedule now is daily monitoring and IV fluids at least until the end of the month.  Thanks everyone for the messages, e-mails, phone calls, facebooks, and any other form of communication that you may have used.  Dad really appreciates it - and so do we.  Please continue to pray for recovery and a good end result, and know that we all feel blessed and grateful for the support we're getting.  We will continue to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment